"Create in me a clean heart, O God. And renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10
There are some songs that get stuck in my head, and this one from Keith Green has been sticking lately. Which is about the same time I stumbled upon this post from Ali Edwards:
![]() |
| photo by ali edwards |
Everything just seemed to click. Because I don't really do the whole resolution thing, and because I'm bad at finishing what I start, this seems to be a very focused alternative.
The idea: choose one word for the year. With the word, you live it, let in in your life, and see where it takes you. Mostly just being aware.
My word for 2011 is create.
from dictionary.com:
–verb (used with object)
1.
to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinaryprocesses.
2.
to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3.
Theater . to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
4.
to make by investing with new rank or by designating;constitute; appoint: to create a peer.
5.
to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to: The announcement created confusion.
6.
to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention ordesign: to create a revolution; to create an opportunity to ask for a raise.
Where am I going with this again? Hmm. With my new little word, I am going to stretch beyond just creating "things" like crafts or new recipes -- I am going to look for opportunities to create joy.
Yes, I do believe that joy just happens, but I think sometimes we need to seek it too.
My 2011 journey will be to create. Hopefully I'll be able to create more on this lovely blog too!
Happy New Year and many blessings to you and yours!
What's your word? :)

I LOVE this post. You are SOOO CREATIVE!!! I seriously think you should consider writing a book because not only are you creative but also inspirational. I'm going to link and blog this :) My little word for the year - "find."
ReplyDelete